- Tried Art of Strength Firepower this weekend. FUN! Does anyone else do the AOS DVDs? If not, you've gotta try 'em. Firepower kicked my butt in 30 minutes. :)
- I was at an AA meeting last night, and the speaker said there are three questions she tries to ask herself before she speaks regarding what she's about to say: is it true? is it kind? is it necessary? Aren't those good questions?!?! And to think you can get that kinda advice for FREE at AA meetings!
- A great quote: "To the young at heart, everything is fun!" -- Charles Dickens
- I'm trying a new recipe for dinner tonight: Cheese Raviolis with Pumpkin Sage sauce. Found the recipe in an ad in a magazine. I'll let you know how it turns out.
- Speaking of cooking, in 1 week from today I will have an oven again! I've been oven-less for 3 months since the big lightening storm in early June. But my beautiful new KitchenAid oven will be installed next Monday. Let the cookies begin!!!
- And in a final note about food, last night I cooked a dinner that everyone liked! (Well, I wasn't home to eat it, but I'm sure I would have liked it too.) Here's the recipe:
Recipe found online, serves 6
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices (I used more, cuz my family LOVES carrots)
1 28-oz can stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon celery seeds (I didn't have this so I left it out)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chicken broth
Combine everything in a slow cooker (crock pot). Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
Have a wonderful week, friends!