Monday, September 14, 2009

Melange

  • Tried Art of Strength Firepower this weekend. FUN! Does anyone else do the AOS DVDs? If not, you've gotta try 'em. Firepower kicked my butt in 30 minutes. :)
  • I was at an AA meeting last night, and the speaker said there are three questions she tries to ask herself before she speaks regarding what she's about to say: is it true? is it kind? is it necessary? Aren't those good questions?!?! And to think you can get that kinda advice for FREE at AA meetings!
  • A great quote: "To the young at heart, everything is fun!" -- Charles Dickens
  • I'm trying a new recipe for dinner tonight: Cheese Raviolis with Pumpkin Sage sauce. Found the recipe in an ad in a magazine. I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • Speaking of cooking, in 1 week from today I will have an oven again! I've been oven-less for 3 months since the big lightening storm in early June. But my beautiful new KitchenAid oven will be installed next Monday. Let the cookies begin!!!
  • And in a final note about food, last night I cooked a dinner that everyone liked! (Well, I wasn't home to eat it, but I'm sure I would have liked it too.) Here's the recipe:
Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe found online, serves 6

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices (I used more, cuz my family LOVES carrots)
1 28-oz can stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon celery seeds (I didn't have this so I left it out)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chicken broth

Combine everything in a slow cooker (crock pot). Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.

Have a wonderful week, friends!

2 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

That crock pot recipe looks really yummy. Adding to my recipe box! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going pretty well for you at the moment.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt