Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When in doubt

In the last week, I've unintentionally hurt not one, but TWO good friends. How? By not knowing what to say (they'd each asked if I wanted to join them in doing something, and I was uncertain of my answer), and rather than telling them this, just being silent. For years I've known that my "when you don't know what to do, do nothing" approach is not best. But to have two friends thinking "What did I do?" because of silence on my part -- well, that got my attention.

I've heard that a decision delayed is still a decision, and I think it's true. The lesson here for me? When you don't know what to do, SAY SO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see things are going reasonably well for you. As for other little things that did'nt, that's life.

Don't be too hard on yourself, because you need to remember that you are still human and that it's allowable in most circumstances.

You ARE someone that will always be a very positive impact on others and you need to remember the best things about you, so you don't let little things knock or dent the person you are today.

You're a greta person and for someone who is nearly 50, an inspiring and still youthfully mature Lady, with so much still to do and give to this world.

Chin up Leslie, best wishes and GOOD LUCK in all you do.

:-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

Hey Leslie,

Friend should also know how YOU are, and when there is silence with you, usually there is something going on and not take it personal ;) but yes, if you don't know, say so LOL