I am NOT feeling motivated today. Ran 8 on tired legs from yesterday's 10. Yeah, I was that slow girl trotting down the road, but hey, I got it done and it counts, right?
Jacey tagged me to list 7 random or odd things about me. So here goes:
1. I have some food oddities (doesn't everyone?). As a little girl, I would leave the room when my parents and brother put English muffins in the toaster, because the smell made me nearly throw up. (Now I can tolerate the smell, but I still don't like it.) I do not like ice cream. Just don't care for it at all. But I have an unnaturally strong love for cookie dough, brownie batter and frosting from a can!
2. If I had to give up all makeup items except for one (and I didn't have to count lotion or moisturizer as an item), I would choose to keep mascara. I think mascara makes an amazing difference in how I, and most girls look. (Side note here -- I am a complete hand lotion addict, and probably put it on at least 5 or 6 times per day.)
3. I do NOT like using plastic utensils and will ask for "real" ones at places that only have plastic ones out. Recently a friend told me that she only uses plastic because the real ones are never washed good enough. So if you see me eating salad at a restaurant with my fingers, you'll know why...!
4. I LOVE mobiles! My mother gave me this Flensted mobile a few months ago, and now I'm hooked. We have 3 other Flensted mobiles in our house (the original one in my office, this one in the entry way, this one in Tucker's room and this one in our room) and if I didn't think it would be too much, I'd get more!
5. I do not believe in astrology, but years ago when I read Cosmopolitan magazine, their annual "Bedside Astrologer" said that my sign (Capricorn) gets better looking as they get older -- they don't really come into themselves until later in life. I LOVED that and have always remembered it. So astrology is bullshit, except for that! :)
6. I got my belly button pierced when I turned 40 and kept it for 3 years. At that time my kids were 8 and 6, and the neighborhood kids didn't know what to think of me. I was the mom who served edgy snacks (apple slices dipped in 7Up [the citric acid keeps them from turning brown]) and had a belly ring! (No, I did not and do not wear belly shirts, but we live in an area where it gets to 100 degrees and hotter in the summer and we have a pool, so that's how they saw it!) For whatever reason, I checked last night to see if I could still put an earring through the hole. Yep, it's still there if I opt to get edgy again!
7. This year I set out to run 1000 miles, which I did 10 years ago when I was 37. Well, I passed 1000 a couple of months ago, and just hit 1300 yesterday, so now my new goal is 1500 for the year. This is a good goal because it's both exciting and nerve wracking (because it's gonna be tough!).
According to the rules, I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but I've run out of computer time, so if you would like to play and think this would be fun, consider yourself tagged, and be sure to let me know that you're playing so I can find out more about you!!!