Friday, May 14, 2010

Merci!

Thank you to everyone who took any time at all to read what I wrote and especially to those who wrote comments. You warmed my heart, so again, merci!

I'm running a 10K in the morning. When I signed up I was thinking it would be a race with a goal time (maybe 51 - 52 minutes?) in mind, but alas, that is not to be. On Thursday I strained my left hamstring. Happened at mile 4 of 6, and I could feel it as I reached my leg out while semi-sprinting to "I Can't Quit Her" by Blood, Sweat, and Tears. When I got home I iced. Today I didn't run at all. And tomorrow I'm just going to cover the distance, enjoying the sunshine and the race environment.

So now it's almost 11:00 and I really want to go to bed, but my garage is filled with teenagers playing ping pong. They are really good kids and I think I could go to bed and all would be fine. But maybe I'll fold laundry for a half hour or so more, then see where things are. I definitely see a nap in my future. (Wow, I haven't even gone to bed and I'm already planning for a nap? That definitely makes me old!)

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the race turned out as well as could be expected.

Keep icing and good luck to you for the future.

You are still that wise head on young shoulders and still a long way off being old or close to the other side of the proverbial hill.

Take care and best wishes.

:-):-).

Matt