Thursday, May 13, 2010

Toe in the water

Yes, when life gets overwhelming I stop blogging. But I love to write, and it's it MOST important to do stuff you love when life is tough?

So will I blog regularly? I honestly don't know. But am I writing now? Yep. So what's going on now?

Well, I'm still running and doing yoga and staying active. Ran the Big Sur Marathon in April with a 4:29 time. It was a wonderful experience. Six days later I ran a half marathon here in town. Whew! And now I'm enjoying the freedom and playfulness that comes with no big race on my schedule. Although I am running a 10K this weekend, but that's about doing something fun, not about a target finishing time or anything.

Tim's in Florida on a golf trip and having a blast. :) I get to drive his fun car.

My kids are teenagers with their own lives. It's tough to see people you love trying to navigate life when life gets tough for them. The only thing that makes sense to me is to love them. Actually the only thing that makes sense in life is love, when you come right down to it.

Well, I'm about to wake up my not-very-happy son (I know this from his demeanor last night and from his Facebook post where he said he wanted to curl up in a little ball) then yoga DVD, then on to my parents house to take dad to the grocery store. One foot in front of the other, right?

8 comments:

kchealy said...

Sounds like things are going pretty well for you, overall...I'm glad to hear it! Congrats on your marathon and half marathon finishes.

Diana said...

Congrats on the marathons!
I'm running my 1/2 in 3 days, then it's on to the RKC......

Julianne Chai said...

hey blog mom! good to see you writing, too! i was a bit out of it myself but if you love writing, you always come back to it. which is the case for me. i didn't know you ran big sur! and great time, too!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes -- one step at a time. :-)

Shelly said...

Congrats on the marathon! And glad to see you are taking a little bit of time to write if that's what you like to do. And I know about teenage boys...... its tough balancing letting them be independent and wanting to make all the pain go away. One step at a time. :-)

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE on everything you have achieved.

You can be very proud of yourself and proud of who you are.

Teh main thing is to keep taking each day as it comes and keep remembering your own self worth.

GOOD LUCK.

:-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

One foot in front of the other. That is correct.

Jennifer said...

Sometimes even love doesn't make perfect sense, but it is beautiful nonetheless. Good to "hear" from you:)