Sunday, August 02, 2009

Monday Melange

  • I started a teleclass today and I'm really excited about it! It's led by Karly Pitman, and it deals with the emotional issues behind overeating. Karly's website is called Yourself First and it's excellent. I will write more when I have more time, but today's call dealt with how to see self-care as something other than optional and to be avoided at all costs! Here's something Karly posted on Facebook:

Love this quote from anthropologist Jane Howard: "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." Do you have a tribe? I hear from so many women about how isolated they feel, how they're separated from other women, alone in their struggles. Reach out to your tribe. Give your sisters a hand. We are meant to journey together; not struggle solo.

  • Planning to run 20 miles this week and do 2 to 3 kettlebell workouts. Still searching for a goal (sigh!).
  • I LOVE FarmTown! Am saving up to buy a beautiful white farmhouse. Playing feels a little like the best part of playing Barbies: setting up the houses! My inner farm girl is delighted!
  • I get to have a lot of time with my older son this week. He's been gone at camp for nearly 3 weeks and got home today. It's so good to have him back!
  • I'm spending more time on Facebook these days, and less blogging. That may change when school starts, but if you want to say hey on Facebook, I'm Leslie Prentice Gandy.
Wishing all y'all a wonderful day!


4 comments:

ColeC said...

Me too!! I never looked at Farm Town like barbies, but you are so right! I am more about Facebook and less about blogging too right now. I think maybe I will blog once a month, or whenever...but not all the time anymore.

I can't wait to hear more from your teleclass. Sounds very interesting.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy that handsome son of yours :)

KatieFeldmom said...

Can't wait to hear more about your class. Sounds like an awesome topic.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy things are going well for you right now.

I hope it continues.

:-) :-).

Matt

Michelle said...

I'm so glad we're in this together, elle! For anyone interested, it's called First Ourselves at www.firstourselves.com. Download the free books! They're fantastic, as is Karly.