Friday, August 20, 2010

As we head into the weekend

Question: Anyone have ideas for what to do for my son's 17th birthday? He says he's good with us taking him and 2 friends out for sushi, but I want to do something more. And for my "I fly under the radar" kid, decorating his car it definitely OUT!

Thursday:
Ran 5 miles
Put some of my parent's bills on auto bank draft
Got a pedicure
Hair appt

Today:
Run 5 miles
Train clients :)
Take Tucker to airport (flying to LA to spend the weekend with my baby sis!)
Take care of Tim after LASIK surgery

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Irene said...

That's a tough one. My kids also wanted sushi for their birthdays around the same age as your son, and that's what they choose to do now! They go out with friends after. I still have a cake, though, at home. I know, not super surprising, but they're happy with that.

Ms Eva said...

Several years ago, some friends of ours threw a scavenger hunt party for her daughter. I'll try to summarize:

2 minivans or suvs
2 parent drivers (1 per car)
2 parent helper (1 per car)
each team given a list of things to find along with a camera (polaroid or digital) ...
teams needed to photograph entire team with said item and return home by deadline ...
whichever team returned home soonest with the most photos won

:)

Anonymous said...

You could do something that might still appeal, because it's not seen as too childish, like 10 pin Bowling and / or a Film, then perhaps the Sushi option tagged on.

I'm glad you're doing the things you like right now and enjoying yourself.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

I know with Justin all he wanted was a cake, some friends, and out to dinner...and his gift of course. I wouldn't worry about it if that's what he says he wants, then that's probably what he wants ;) Let him do whatever he wishes for the whole day...even if it's just laying around playing video games all day.

boys are so easy :)