"Melange" is French for mixture, and that's what I'm about to create -- a mixture with no rhyme or reason except that these are the thoughts that have been passing through my head.
- When you have NOTHING going on over the weekend, every cashier asks "So do you have any fun plans for the weekend?" Today as I was running errands (Vitamin Shoppe, Nordstrom, Buckle, Nugget Market, Sports Chalet) not one single person asked what I was doing, so I couldn't tell anyone. But in case you've forgotten, I'll tell you...
- I'm running 39.3 miles tomorrow! I know I signed up for a 50K (31 miles) but I want to do just a little bit more. So the plan is to run 39.3 (a marathon plus a half marathon). I'll be starting at 8:30 and finishing up by 3:00 or 3:30, I think. (As I've never done this, that's just an educated guess based on an 11 minute mile pace.)
- Running almost 40 miles doesn't seem like that big of a deal when the people I most want to be like when I grow up (Catra!) regularly run 100 miles. But when I step back and consider actually running for 6 or 7 hours, it strikes me that even though it's not 100 miles it's still a big deal! Right?!
- I'm starting to get a little of ME back. For a while there, it really felt like I was disappearing under a crushing workload and too little sleep. But as my parents situation gets more manageable, I can feel my sense of humor and optimism start returning. And I feel like once again, I can breathe deeply.
- Will I EVER feel thin? Probably not. I haven't been weighing myself, but my pants are all really loose, even the ones that I can only wear when I'm at my lightest. So I weighed myself this afternoon and the scale said 135.5. That makes me thin, as I've been carb loading for two days and not exercising, and afternoon weight is always heavier than morning weight, right? So I go into Abercrombie (I have a gift card I need to use) and try on a sweatshirt in a medium. It's too tight. So now I'm fat. And I buy nothing. Then I go to Sports Chalet to get a long sleeve shirt for tomorrow. I try on an Adidas medium. It fits just fine. But I'm still fat because the small is too tight, and if I'm not small, then I'm huge, right? (Please tell there's someone who can relate to this kind of thinking!!!)
- The Chicken-less Chicken was wonderful! Texture was so much like how I remember chicken (I haven't eaten it in over 2 years) that I double checked the label.
- One week from today Tim and I will be in Maui and I will be swimming in the warm Pacific Ocean!!! And one of the days we're there, we're taking a ferry to an island off the coast of Maui where Tim will be golfing and I'll be running for a couple of hours. I can't wait!