Thursday, May 28, 2009

Feeling good!



Me last night as a fashion trendsetter with my side pony.

After many months of unrelenting stress, I feel like I can breathe again. Circumstances haven't changed much at all, but I'm doing some things to take care of myself, and amazingly enough, they're working.

I've had two sessions with the counselor. It feel right to be looking inward at this time and I'm glad I get to do it. So I feel a little unraveled inside (does that make sense?) but I think that's a good thing. I told the counselor that what I'm seeking is:
  • resilience
  • optimism
  • purpose
To my way of thinking, with those qualities, nearly anything life throws your way can be handled with grace and dignity, and you can probably emerge from any situation with your sense of humor and hope intact.

So for a while it felt like my theme song was "Every Day is Exactly the Same" by Nine Inch Nails (you know it's bad when Trent Reznor is speaking for you), now I'm feeling more like "Feeling Good" by Michael Buble.

5 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

I'm glad that you are feeling good!!! And love love love the side ponytail. If anyone can bring it back, it's you!!!

P.O.M. said...

Eeks - ya relating to Trent can't be a good sign. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I did read Plain Truth. It was good. Mrs. F got me hooked on Beverly Lewis. She has a few short series of Amish stories. Check 'em out.

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a purpose.

That purpose is to be YOU.

You will never be perfect, but always valuable, wanted, appreciated, applauded and cared about.

You probably won't change the world, but you will impact on lots of little worlds.

You probably won't make history, but you will have a great history, and give many people, many positive and timeless memories.

You probably won't be ground breaking, or earth shattering, but you will stand a test of time.

You won't be known for any wrong reasons, but plenty of right reasons.

Whatever you do, you will always be you. It's the best way for you to be. It has worth that would be vulgar to attach numbers too, but it is great worth, and being you is the best thing about you, and the thing you are most proficient at.

There's nothing much that needs changing, because you're just about as Leslie as you're going to get, and that's more than any unselfish person would expect of you, and it cetainly doesn't need improving.

Feeling good? Yes you should. You have a fantastic purpose in life; to keep being you, and anyone would feel tremendously good, if that was what they were asking of themselves day to day.

It clearly isn't easy, but it looks very rewarding, and looking at you, and reading about you, you DEFINITELY get out what you put in :-).

Maybe this has gone some way to helping you with point 2 :-) :-).

Take care and best wishes.

Matt

ColeC said...

You are so freaking cute!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better my friend. I know you live a fast and busy life, but sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses. Maybe a nice get-together with freinds that don't involve what you usually are doing in life will brighten your day and theirs. Whatever brings a smile to your face, repeat it often :)

Diana said...

Glad to hear all is turning out well. When we feel good on the inside, we make the outside look better!