Thursday, July 08, 2010

Primal eating...

...is working. Easy? Not exactly. But working? Yep. Weight is down by 2-1/2 pounds. Waist is smaller. And I'm feeling good.

Much of my computer time is spent learning more about low carb/high fat eating. As per Livestrong, yesterday 50% of my calories came from fat. That's crazy! I've never been a low-fat eating girl -- NEVER -- and for that I'm thankful. But it seems there's lots of evidence about high-fat diets helping with depression (!) and hormone balancing (!) and body composition (!).

So back to what I'm eating. I eat kinda strange stuff -- I'm the first to admit it. For example, I'm using Udo's Oil 3-6-9 blend as part of my diet. When I have it, though, I just have a tablespoon of it. By itself. Yeah, I'm weird like that. So anyway, here's what I ate yesterday:

Udo's oil
Beverly Int'l protein powder (low carb, tastes like cake batter!)

green smoothie (fruit, spinach, chard, lemon)
string cheese
tortilla chips

grilled chicken
1/2 avocado
strawberries

Starbuck's light bottled frappuccino
almonds
string cheese
Udo's oil

mahi mahi with butter and lemon and garlic
green beans with bacon and onion
Caesar salad
dark chocolate

protein powder

Livestrong says I ate 1910 calories and the proportions were

49% fat
23%protein
28% carbs

I also ran almost 5 miles.

Ok, time to go do P90X (workout of Tim's choice -- hope he doesn't choose Chest & Back -- he never chooses a lower-body workout, so I'm safe there!).

4 comments:

Courtney said...

You amaze me. I hope to get to California one day so we can run together.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are working out for you. Change can be uncertain but it can sometimes work out well.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

At first when i read "high fat" my first thought was Noooooo, but then i saw what kinds of fat you were talking about, and those are the healthy ones for the most part. I'm glad you are enjoying what you're doing and it's working!

Have you thought about taking a class in something you enjoy? That would be good for your want of knowlede and keep you off the computer so much :) Just a thought

Denise said...

Came across your blog on a friend of mines. Maybe your blog can help give me that extra inspiration I need. I am a 40 yr. old mother of 4 and though I am in good shape, I vowed I will try to run a 5k (and hopefully more in the future).

I am now following your blog.

http://www.lightlibertyandlearning.blogspot.com/