Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Thoughts

This afternoon I'm home with a houseful of teenagers which is a very good thing (they're great kids) and it means I'll have time to write, I think. So here are some thoughts (somewhat scattered cuz that's just kind of where I'm at today):
  • Loving Livestrong's Daily Plate, but really understand what Colette said about getting obsessive with tracking. One of the reasons I was on dailymile for so long was that it's perfect for tracking running progress. But right now I'm interested in more than running. I'm reading a lot of stuff about eating primally (more meat, more fat, fewer carbs and sugars) and so tracking food (esp carbs and sugars -- nothing crazy, but just seeing how I do around 150g of carbs per day) making a lot of sense.
  • Speaking of primal, Tim and I are going to PrimalCon next year. It's a weekend conference in Southern CA and it looks like so much fun!
  • We are also going to see AEROSMITH on July 23. It's been a life-long dream to see them in concert, and I can't believe it's finally going to happen!!!
  • I'm spending a lot less time on the computer and I think that's a very good thing. One of these days I'll write about why I got so caught up in Facebook and especially the games. But for today I'm just very happy to be free from the addictive nature of the computer. (But I get the irony of expressing this ON A COMPUTER!)
More later...

2 comments:

ColeC said...

Ahhhh the facebook addict...that's me. I wonder what your thoughts are about the games and page. I wonder if they are similar to mine. I will be looking forward to hear what you have to say about the whole thing.

Sounds like you are in a good place right now, and i couldn't be happier for you. You will LOVE the concert, and I so wish I were there with you watching Steven shake his wonderful self ;)

have a great day :)

Diana said...

Aerosmith is awesome. One of my favorites! You will enjoy it for sure!
My eating is like yours, I do my best when I eat fewer carbs and sugars. I have to work on my food part of life again.....ugh, it never ends!