Sunday, June 03, 2007

Death by Ladder

I've been reading and watching MOD 1 from Body by Fish. It's a bodyweight workout that's quite intense. I don't think I'm up for the MOD 1 challenge, but he does a lot with ladders, and that got me to thinking that I would like to make my own ladder, which I just finished. The workout took 35 minutes and I feel like a limp washrag right now.

The exercises:
Squat tosses w/10 lb med ball
Floor push ups
Pull-up negatives
Step ups w/15 pound dumbbells
Plank holds for 8 counts of music
Kettlebell swings w/20 pound bell

So to do the ladder you do 1 rep of each exercise. Then you do 2 reps. Then 3. And so on, all the way up to your target number (10 reps was my target), and then if you're insane like me, you come back down the ladder to 1. On the way down, I did lat pulldowns instead of negatives, and I did ball crunches instead of plank holds.

One of the things I liked about this workout (and maybe why it doesn't count as a "true" ladder) is that I could play with the reps. So I did rounds 7, 8, and 9 combined for pushups and for kettlebells. And somehow that made it seem easier.

If you're reading this and you're one of my clients, you can expect a ladder in your future!!! Now that's something to look forward to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd beware leslie. Some people are supersticious about Ladders, so you might want a few horseshoes and a bag of Salt handy, incase one or two clients heve mild ladder issues and need some sort of closure ;-) ;-).

Best wishes, and re the comment on my blog, I've posted something quite detailed about that comment, on the blog itself. as you touched a nerve with it. In a really, really good way though :-) :-).

Thank you.

Take care and best wishes.

Matt

Pamela said...

Agggg I thought by the title you really had had a ladder run in! ..>ok ok so that was almost me last night trying to water the hanging baskets..~lol~
the workout..now THAT sounds fun ...way better than falling! ~Lol~

Tracy Reifkind said...

Leslie, I love ladders! I do them forward, and then backward. (the forward is harder btw)

Ladders go great with KB combos, because of the level of concentration you need to keep track, you get alot of work done without thinking about it, and you know I'm all about getting alot of work done!