Here are a few random thoughts before I hit the shower:
- I don't sleep on red-eye flights. Next time I'm not even going to try. And next time I'll have a better strategy than my "eat everything" method of coping last night!
- Blossoming Lotus is the best restaurant on the planet, and all of us loved it!
- My last island workout was Crossfit-ish and fun. Here are the details:
10 thrusters (10 lb dumbbells)
20 alt lunges (10 lb dumbbells, 10 reps each leg)
14 clean and press (20 pound dumbbell, 7 reps each side)
10 lat pulldowns (no idea how much weight)
My glutes are feeling the love in a BIG way!
- I still want to post the links to weblogs I read (there are many -- thank goodness for Bloglines!). One of my new favorites is called Eat, Live, Run, subtitled "Training to be a pastry chef while still fitting into my jeans". Isn't that cute? Well, Jenna posted a link to Yoga Downloads, and they have some Yoga for Runners workouts. Cool! I downloaded the 30 minute workout today and will report on it as soon as I try it.
- I'll be starting the 100 Pushup Challenge tomorrow. Tried starting on vacation, but it just wasn't what I wanted to be doing. My plan is to follow their middle plan (even though my initial test puts me into the extreme plan). And because I don't want to overwork my pushing muscles, I'll be doing a corresponding pulling workout to help balance things out. I think the balance will come from pullups or body-weight rows -- maybe half as many pullups (using the giant rubber band for assistance) or the same number of rows. I'll let you know as I work this out. But I'm excited for a new challenge!