Sunday, June 29, 2008

Great Success!

Vacation was wonderful! I'll post pictures and videos this week, but in a nutshell, it was a wonderful unifying and de-stressing experience for everyone!

Here are a few random thoughts before I hit the shower:
  • I don't sleep on red-eye flights. Next time I'm not even going to try. And next time I'll have a better strategy than my "eat everything" method of coping last night!
  • My last island workout was Crossfit-ish and fun. Here are the details:
7 rounds of
10 thrusters (10 lb dumbbells)
20 alt lunges (10 lb dumbbells, 10 reps each leg)
14 clean and press (20 pound dumbbell, 7 reps each side)
10 lat pulldowns (no idea how much weight)

My glutes are feeling the love in a BIG way!
  • I still want to post the links to weblogs I read (there are many -- thank goodness for Bloglines!). One of my new favorites is called Eat, Live, Run, subtitled "Training to be a pastry chef while still fitting into my jeans". Isn't that cute? Well, Jenna posted a link to Yoga Downloads, and they have some Yoga for Runners workouts. Cool! I downloaded the 30 minute workout today and will report on it as soon as I try it.
  • I'll be starting the 100 Pushup Challenge tomorrow. Tried starting on vacation, but it just wasn't what I wanted to be doing. My plan is to follow their middle plan (even though my initial test puts me into the extreme plan). And because I don't want to overwork my pushing muscles, I'll be doing a corresponding pulling workout to help balance things out. I think the balance will come from pullups or body-weight rows -- maybe half as many pullups (using the giant rubber band for assistance) or the same number of rows. I'll let you know as I work this out. But I'm excited for a new challenge!
Make today fabulous, friends!

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I use YogaDownload.com workouts all the time!

They have a gazillion free ones on iTunes...just go to Podcasts and search for Yoga. There are several runners ones on there...I've done one of them and it did not seem all that hard when I did it, but I was SORE for days afterwards.

Anyway, I *heart* YogaDownload.com....and welcome home!

KatieFeldmom said...

Welcome Back!!!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! I have been looking at the push up challenge too ... but I am a super beginner!