- Indoor go-cart racing is FUN! (picture will be posted here tomorrow)
- A sleeve of Fig Newtons is not the best fuel for a 9 mile run in 95 degree heat.
- My car gets 43 miles per gallon on the highway!!!
- I'm super proud of my husband, who is not only an amazing dad, but also shot 78 on the golf course while playing with his dad for Father's Day today!
- Tucker's in Southern California -- flew out on Thursday and comes home tomorrow. He's been playing with my mother and her husband, and my wild-child sister Shannon. He texted me today saying "Aunt Sammie (Shannon) is crazy!" I don't know what prompted the text, but I'm not surprised in the least -- Shannon is one of the funnest people I know!
- It's been great being able to focus on Austin while Tucker's away. Having just one child is certainly peaceful!
- I've run (ran?) 27 miles in the last 4 days. Tomorrow will be a day off, for sure, but it's felt fun to kind of push the envelope with mileage, you know?
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Some random musings from the weekend, in no particular order: