Sunday, January 03, 2010

A New Way to Be

So a big part of why I stopped blogging was that my circumstances felt like they were in control of my life. And I couldn't write about ANYTHING if I didn't write about my troubles. And I didn't want my blog to be about my troubles. So I couldn't write. Right?

Maybe not.

I read this on MomLight. It's written by Christine Kane and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear:

A disease of the creative temperament is a belief that we must be authentic at all costs. So we can’t answer a simple “How are you?” without delving into an in-depth scan of our emotional temperature.

Try this instead: When people ask you how you’re doing, just say, “I’m great!”

Really? Really?!?! This could be the key to freedom. Circumstances aren't changing, at least not right now. My kids are still teens and they are both dealing with some things that frighten and confuse me. My parents still have big scary health challenges. But my circumstances don't have to be the filter through which I see the world.

So how am I? I'm GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ma sure you can continue to do the right things and stay on top of life.

GOOD LUCK and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt