Friday, January 01, 2010

Thoughts from day 1

Since I'm a runner again (as of today) I downloaded some episodes of Phedepidations. In one episode, Steve says "We need to think of food as fuel rather than stuffing." I'll be thinking about that for a while. :)

Ran into Darla Benfield, my trainer from the Women's Tri-Fitness competition. I haven't seen her in 3 years. She still looks wonderful -- vibrant, happy, lovely. I told her she was the woman who convinced me that I didn't have to act and feel middle aged, even though I was in my mid 40s. I owe that woman a lot, and it was great to be able to tell her so!

Today's 7 mile run went well. I'm still recovering from a slight case of whiplash (no, it wasn't a car accident -- I may write a little about this later) so my upper back isn't all that happy. But keeping my pace moderate I was able to brave the wind and rain and get it done. Tomorrow I'm trying a Pilates class, and Sunday will be running long-ish (don't know what that means yet) with my girlfriends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK with everything this year. I don't doubt you will do brilliantly.

:-) :-).

Matt

KatieFeldmom said...

YAY YAY YAY
Leslie's back!!!

Stacey said...

Welcome back!