Friday, February 22, 2008

Doing much better

Thank you, everyone, for the insightful feedback. Yesterday I was able to get clarity and resolution on all 3 situations, which took some humility, some honest reflection, and (in one situation) entering into a difficult conversation (difficult because I was wrong and that's not easy to admit or face) and hanging in until things got resolved. In one situation (husband), it was a case of me overreacting to what happened (Colette, Brit Man, and Laurie -- your comments helped with this. Thank you!) In another (family member), it was me not slowing down enough to recognize the difficulty or significance of a struggle (Eileen -- you hit the nail on the head here. Thank you!). And with the final two (family member and friend) it was a combination of unrealistic expectations and me moving too fast (Regina -- thanks for the help here!).

So today is a new day and I'm feeling oh so much better. On today's agenda: training 5 clients, somehow fitting in my own workout, and driving to Oakland for the Pacific Coast Classic gymnastics meet, which is the last "regular" meet of the season.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Glad that you are feeling much better. Sounds like you were able to deal with this instead of keeping it inside where it grows into something ugly.