Friday, December 29, 2006

Better

Today I'm feeling much better than yesterday. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

So I've started my own personal bootcamp of sorts. Bad eating definitely contributed to feeling so sad yesterday (although there are very real things going on that feel sad) and feeling out of sorts all week. So today I'm back to proper eating, consistent exercise, and generally better self care. Earlier I did this for a workout:

7 rounds of
20 reps wall ball with squat (10 pound ball)
20 reps hang power cleans (24 pound bar)

And I just finished my spinach, butter lettuce, tomato, yellow pepper, and black bean salad -- YUM!

Oh and one final thing -- I've decided I want to be able to do a handstand with ease. So I'm working on it by walking up the wall (facing the wall) and just holding a handstand, with hands about a foot from the wall. Yesterday I managed to kick up to handstand several times. This is a BIG DEAL in terms of shoulder stability!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are better for you today Leslie, and GOOD LUCK with everything you do.

:-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

Wow, a handstand! How awesome. I haven't done a handstand in ages. Right now, I'd be pretty scared to even try one. I'd probably fall on my head and suffer brain damage. I think I'll make that one of my goals too!

Happy New Year!!!

dillydallycali said...

I LOVE that you do handstands. This is awesome -- can't wait to see it.

E