Friday, December 15, 2006

A really funny compliment

I work at a Bingo hall most Thursday nights. Last night I was cashiering, and a woman came through my line and complimented me on my hair, asking how I make it look so good. I told her my 24-year-old niece told me which flat iron I needed, and she said, "Girl, YOU look 24!" Nice!

So we kept talking -- a very rambling conversation about hair (she says black hair doesn't respond to normal flat irons), Christmas shopping, kids, etc. She said she has two kids who are high school seniors. I said, "You sure don't look old enough for that!" and we agreed to say our ages. When I told her my age, she said, "Girl, they say black don't crack, so you must be some black, cuz you ain't cracked yet!" Thought I was going to wet myself from laughing so hard!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up all the hard work with training, and life Leslie. You're doing great.

Jen said...

My girlfriend who is black says the exact same thing - "black don't crack!" Gotta love that!

FV Tom said...

I've never heard that one before. Classic!

Unknown said...

Very funny...but also very nice to hear that you are not cracked yet!

Anonymous said...

OMG, too funny. You ARE beautiful, it's no wonder she said such nice things to you!

Lori said...

That's too funny. What a great compliment.

Lori