Saturday, December 16, 2006

Muffin workout? Workout and muffins?

This week has been light on workouts because of family in town and Tucker's birthday party today. After the party, Tim suggested we do a Crossfit workout he'd seen: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats in rounds for 20 minutes. I agreed and it was great! I still can't do full pull-ups, but I can jump to the top then come down slowly. And instead of squats, I did kettlebell swings -- more intense for the backside than normal squats.

On a less healthy note, Costco blueberry muffins are like crack for me -- highly addictive and totally whack in terms of my fitness goals. We had a brunch for Tucker's party and then took the boys to see the movie "Eragon" which was quite good. But back to the muffins -- we bought tons, cut them in half, and set them out on a plate. They're still out, which makes it all too easy to break off a bite or two every single time I pass the kitchen.

Oh, back to workouts, after the 20 minutes, we ran a mile to finish things off. Tim felt the workout more in his lower body. For me, upper body is very tired. Between us, we're officially jello!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Ilove the crossfit workouts. Do you go to youtube and search and watch these? Some of them are just insane.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Heopfully you'll be able to get some feeling and sensation back soon Leslie ;-) ;-).

Matt

Unknown said...

I finally looked up Crossfit...what a cool thing. Such simple (but NOT) plans...I will definitely work on incorporating a few of those. Thanks Leslie for teaching me about new stuff (again)!