- thinking of my feet as Pac Mans (you know, the video game from the 1980s) eating up the pavement
- focusing on doing just one mile at a time
- telling myself that I can walk or stop anytime I want to (strangely, this makes it less likely that I'll do either!)
- thinking of Lance Armstrong and a particular story where he does like a 3 hour mountain climb on his bike in the rain, and then, because it didn't feel right, does it AGAIN!
- thinking of ultra-runner Dean Karnazes who ran 50 marathons in 50 days
- thinking of the ease I have with food and the ease I have in my clothes when I run
So that's it from me for now. I have two more clients today, both of whom are really fun. And the weekend will be filled with kid sleepovers (at our house, different kids, both nights!) and end of season gymnastics banquet (tonight) and maybe a trip to the dog park.
Finally, the next time I write it will be in response to and with appreciation for all comments that have been left here. Be a good one, everyone!