- Tortilla Soup
- Garlic Coleslaw
- Black Bean Chili
- Brownies (because I LOVE brownie batter!)
- Thinking that Diet Pepsi tastes wetter than water.
- Going to bed with a full stomach, usually via cereal with almond milk.
- Going into a place of despair when my kids fight. (Right now, older son is smugly playing video games, and younger son is riding his bike to deal with his anger. I, in a surprising plot twist, am writing in my weblog, instead of trying and failing to make it all better.)
- Depending on caffeine to wake up.
- Not washing my face when I go to bed. (I failed girl school on that one.)
- Bizarro.com's essays on why he's vegetarian.
- Tracy Reifkind's Food and Thought weblog
- Cathe Friedrich's STS blog (new pictures were posted today)
- MotionBased.com (where I upload my Garmin data after running)
- Bloglines (how I keep up with weblogs without spending every waking moment on the computer!)
- An engagement ring and a proposal from Tim.
- A Mother's Day plaque from 2000 which reads:
because you read to us when it is late,
you make the best cookies,
you take us to the park,
and you always have a hug and a band-aid.
You are the best Mommy in the world,
and we love you up to heaven and back.
Happy Mother's Day from your boys.
(Tim "interviewed" the kids and then had their words made up on a plaque -- isn't that the BEST?!)
- A ticket to see Aerosmith in concert from my brother and sister-in-law. (Concert was canceled and then marriage fell apart, so I never went, but I still remember how blown away I was!)
- Green M&Ms from the M&M Factory in Las Vegas. Tim gave these to me right after I'd completed the figure portion of the Women's Tri Fitness competition in 2005. Chocolate has never tasted so good!
- My Campus Queen lunchbox. I desperately wanted this in maybe 3rd or 4th grade, and my parents got it for me. It had a game on the back and a spinner, and I still have it!
I'm completely drawing a blank on this one, which either means I've never given a good gift, or I'm just plain out of computer time and need to start dinner. I'll get back to you on this one...