Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm back!

The last few weeks of summer were really tough. But school has started and my kids have some direction and purpose and we're finding our equilibrium once again.

Each year I bake "First Day" cake on the first day of school. At 15 and almost 13, have my sons outgrown this tradition? I don't think so!

Austin after his first day of High School.

Tucker after his first day of Junior High.


Here's me in my high school cheerleading uniform. As part of this week's challenge at dailymile, you had to do a workout wearing a costume. The other day, I ran the last 1/2 mile of a 10 mile run wearing this uniform from 30 years ago. The skirt is SOOOOOO tight -- I can't believe that in high school I felt fat!

My new Asics -- I'm in love!

Even Gumby and Pokey love my new shoes!

Running has been really fun for me over the last few weeks. Last week I ran my age in miles -- FORTY SEVEN MILES in one week! Today I tried running trails -- shockingly hard! I did 5 miles, 2 on the roads, and 3 on the trails, and I am going to feel it tomorrow. This makes me nervous, as I'm doing a TEN MILE trail race on Labor Day, and a trail half marathon just a few weeks after that. Wish me luck...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! Even though I live with you I am glad you are back to writing in your Blog. I missed you.

Take One Stripper Pole said...

I teach high school ...and even the teenage boys who are seniors will never turn down cake. :)

You look quite cute in your cheer outfit!

Jennifer said...

It's about damn time! ;)

You were missed.

I'm quite impressed you can wear your high school uniform. Most impressive! And the skirt doesn't look too tight.

You're right; trailing running is a whole different ball o' wax. You'll do great, though!

Jen said...

OMG, Leslie - that cheerleader outfit is too funny! Congrats on fitting into it. Amazing how the styles have changed.

Anne said...

I cna't believe you still fit into an outfit you must have worn 40 years ago! Wow, what an inspiration you are. And the cake tradition is wonderful.

KatieFeldmom said...

Welcome Back! You were missed.

ColeC said...

So glad you're back!

I think it's great that you can still fit into your cheerleading outfit...and no, it doesn't look tight at all.

The boys look happy and the cup cakes look yummy ;)

Oh, Monday would be perfect.

Irene said...

Ready! O.K!

Go Leslie!

I didn't know you were a cheerleader! That's so cool about getting into the uniform! I'll bet that felt great!

I also love that cake tradition!

Good to see you back here, Leslie. You were missed!