Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Puppy love

We have a new puppy. His name is Buster Posey Gandy, after Buster Posey of SF Giants fame. He is a lot of work, but he's even a lot more fun!

What's tough about having a puppy is that my tendency is to let nearly anything get in the way of what's important to me. I get the basics done: laundry, kid transportation, dinners (mostly, although Tim was not a fan of our fishsticks and broccoli meal last night!), dishes. And I'm actually good about parent stuff and my own exercise. But studying for my re-cert exam? That goes to the wayside in a heartbeat. So having an 8 week old puppy in the house is a challenge. Or a learning opportunity. Or maybe both. :)

Just did the Bodyrock Quantum of Sweat workout. 16 minutes and I'm sweating, breathless, and quivering. Good stuff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. He's a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll get used to the situation, though I do wonder if perhaps a slightly older dog might have been less of a "challenge" ?

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Irene said...

How sweet! He's a lucky pup to be in your family.

Jennifer said...

YAY! Too cute!!!

Unknown said...

Don't you just LOVE puppies?!