Sunday, February 06, 2011

So sad

Austin competed in Pleasanton last weekend and took 4th place all around and 1st place in pommel horse. Wednesday night he had an accident at the gym and sprained his ankle. Badly. Like it's 4 days later and he can barely put weight on it. Gym meets? Out of the question for the near future. And I keep thinking "what if that panel mat hadn't been there?" and "why did this have to happen to him???" and stuff like that. Then I think about people who are having those same thoughts about a spinal cord injury or about accidents that people didn't survive. But my heart still hurts for my son. His dream is to do gymnastics in college and RIGHT NOW is when colleges are looking. And he sits with an ankle that doesn't work. If only I could give him one of mine...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Austin's ankle. :-(