Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kitchen remodel and some pigs

Thanks to Eileen's prompting, here are some pictures (finally) of our new kitchen:

This photo shows the one cabinet with glass doors -- it's bubble glass and it has a 1920's vibe to it, I think. The dishes are every color and I LOVE them! All the cabinets used to be light oak, with white tile countertops with disgusting grout in between the tiles, and linoleum-made-to-look-like tile floors (which are now beautiful wood!). I'm making the kitchen sound worse than it was -- it was fine, but it's so much prettier now!



Here's the new farmhouse sink and oh-so-sexy faucet. It also shows the honed granite countertops. If you think they look good in the pictures, think again. NEVER get black honed granite countertops -- they show every fingerprint, water ring, and every breath you take! Oh well, live and learn, right?



These pics show kitchen from another vantage point. This photo is taken from the breakfast nook, and gives a great view of the pendant lights which I love. And the next one shows the subway tile design over the cooktop.





Here's a quick peek at the bathroom we redid. We also redid the floors, but you can't see them here. Yes, we intend to have a mirror, but the first one was too small so we returned it. The second one arrived broken (but I refused to accept the bad luck, so it's ok!) and the new one is on order.



Hooray pigs! As long as I had my camera out, I figured I'd treat you to some pig pictures. I painted this pig at Petroglyph (pottery painting place) when Tucker and had a mommy& me night there.



These are just ones I like that live in my office as part of the herd/pack/bacon?



This pig is ready for Mardi Gras, and in case you can't tell, she has wings which makes her extra special.



Ballerina pig is framed and on the wall in the office. It's an image from a calendar called "Precious Piggies" that I get every year. Isn't she adorable?!

And no, these are not all of my pigs, just some of the best ones, but don't tell the others or they'll be sad!

4 comments:

Irene said...

I love the pendant lights in your kitchen!

~Irene

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love your pigs. Cute thing to collect. Your wall color looks similar the mine...mine is Glidden, one of the colors is called "Cookie Crumb", lol. I actually used 4 different shades from the same card in various rooms...only the bedrooms are not "from the card" so it flows a little better than before when we had too many different colors all over the place. My hall bathroom is without mirrors as well! We have the one that went in there before, but we bought counter-height cabinets for the bathrooms so now the old mirrors will not fit between the counters and the light fixtures, duh. One day mine will be ready for pictures....yours looks great!

FV Tom said...

Lovely pictures! Your house looks gorgeous.

Your SoCal neighbor,
Tom

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Thanks for all the kind words about my wife, but I will be the one doing the hugging.