Saturday, January 20, 2007

Another tough workout

Last night Tim and I did another butt-kicking workout. If anyone else is interested in being sore, here's all it takes:

Warm up (super important -- NEVER skip warming up, especially if you're going to do a hard workout!)
20 minutes of this:

5 pull-ups
10 pushups
15 squats

Then run a mile and you're done.

Tim did an astonishing 65 pull-ups (and he's lookin' fine, in case you wanted to know!). I don't know how many of anything I did, but it was a hard workout. I have to modify the pull-ups and do negatives, and most of my pushup sets were from the knees. But I intensified the squats by doing thrusters (I held 2-1o pound weights at shoulder height and "popped" them up each time I came up from the squats). That modification was hard, because my triceps were fried by the end of the workout -- but then again, so was everything else!

No comments: