Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lazy Saturday morning

Slept in. Enjoying waking up slowly. Gonna be running before too long. But for now I'm still sitting at the computer and enjoying a quiet house (Tim's golfing, kids are sleeping).

Random thoughts:
  • I LOVE Mad Men! This show was recommended by one of Tim's friends, and we've watched half of the first season. Set in Manhattan in 1960, it's about an advertising agency and the people who work there. It's been a while since I've been this intrigued by a show. Highly recommended!
  • For months I've been thinking I'd be running with Charlie Engle and Marshall Ulrich as they run across the country for Running America. I signed up months ago and have waited for information. And waited. And waited. They started running at 5:00 this morning in San Francisco, and will be coming through Sacramento over the weekend. And I can't find their route. The map posted on the site only has the hotels they'll be staying at, and not the actual route. One of my Dailymile friends has signed up to run and gave me the email address she has for the project. So I've emailed, plus I've been directly in touch with Charlie via Twitter, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Darn.
  • Austin's birthday party is tonight. We'll be hosting 10 14 and 15 year old boys at our house, then taking them to a gymnastics gym for an all-night party. I think they're gonna have fun, but I think I'm gonna be TIRED tomorrow!
Ok, time to get some miles in. Happy Saturday, friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care and have a great day :-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!