Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Randomness

  • The Nike running skirt I got for last year's Nike Women's half marathon is too big. I can still wear it, but I remember when I bought it debating about going a size smaller, and choosing against it. That my skirt is big is what I think of as a quality problem!
  • I want to run trails again! I'm absolutely fascinated with this new way of running and can't wait to do it again. Guess I'll get my chance on the 20th when I do the Tough as Granite trail half marathon.
  • I SIGNED UP FOR MY FIRST MARATHON! Yep, on December 7th I'll be running in the California International Marathon. I've helped two friends to run their first marathons in this race in previous years. Looks like this time it's my turn!

7 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

You should look into the Catalina Marathon ... 23 miles of it is trails. :)

Aron said...

so exciting!!! i am doing CIM too :)

KatieFeldmom said...

1. Not a bad problem to have.
2. I'm so glad that you enjoy trails.
3. I'll come cheer you on at the CIM!!!

ColeC said...

Hey, I'm with Katie...I'll be there too if you'd like.

Ahhhh a skirt that is now to big...I look forward to the day when I can say that (if it ever comes LOL). You are proof that age is NOT an excuse!

Julianne said...

ooh trail runs! i'm thinking about running some, too. maybe the north face endurance challenge in december. but i think it's the same weekend as the cim! i want to run that one, too!!

Julianne said...

Leslie, thanks for the tip and advice. Sometimes, I forget my body needs to catch up to my brain!!!! I'll definitely listen to my body. :-)

Anne said...

Congratulations on signing up for your first marathon, Leslie! the CIM is a good one for first-timers, I'm told. Very flat in comparison to others. You'll do great.