Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's been too long

The weekend was tough. I don't know if it's new anti-depressant, or falling off the healthy-eating wagon, but I felt fragile and "off" almost the entire weekend -- not fun, and not when I like to write in my weblog. Yesterday was a "digging myself out of the pit" kind of day where I found the fight within, and today I'm back on track.

I took a CPR certification class last night, and it was fun. Many of the participants seemed bored and a little resentful to be there, but I thought it was fascinating and very useful. And I now know how to use an automatic external defibrillator, should the need arise.

So I'm getting nervous about my NASM test. It's been ages since I've been in school and I'm scared that I won't remember anything. But then again, I was nervous about the CPR certification test, and I did fine on that. Maybe it's just stepping outside of the comfort zone that has me uneasy. I'm tempted to schedule the exam, but tell nobody, and just GET IT OVER WITH!!! But I will wait till after the hands-on training in San Diego, which is this weekend.

On a completely different subject, if anyone saw the Oxygen Magazine Nutrition special issue, there are some really good recipes in it. I made their Black Bean Chili on page 105, which includes ground turkey, onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, red pepper, and all sorts of yummy spices, and my entire family thought it was wonderful.

No comments: