Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New uses for Post-Its

Ever since I was young, my mind has run on several tracks at once. With being a mom, it got worse. And with getting older (46 in January?!?!), it's even more intense. My family knows, "If it's not written down, it won't happen." So we have Post-Its everywhere, and they'll just show up on my computer screen with stuff like, "crazy glue" or "haircut" on them.

I've recently come up with two new uses for Post-Its that work really well for me and my teeny tiny brain, and I thought I'd share them. The first is in the laundry room. I don't do a lot of special care laundry, but sometimes there's something in a full load that needs to hang dry, and it's nearly impossible for me to remember that as I'm tossing everything into the dryer. So I now have Post-Its in the laundry room and will write down anything that needs special handling, and put the note on the washer for when I'm transferring to the dryer.

The other idea was for books that I've promised to let friends read. Right now I'm reading "Locker Room Diaries" and Jenny said she wanted to borrow it when I'm done. I want to remember to give it to her, so I've written her name on my bookmark Post-It, so when I'm done I can pass it on. Same with "Bunny Tales: Life Inside the Playboy Mansion" that I'm passing on to Darla when I'm finished.

No comments: