There are many reasons to be happy today. Here are the ones that are at the forefront of my mind:
1. Austin's back pain may be gone!!! My 14-year-old has had chronic back pain for the last 6 months. We've done x-rays, PT, chiropractic, and nothing has helped. Well today we went to Kinections. Lino, our friend and miracle worker, does somatic therapy, which means he digs into a part of your body that you didn't even know was related to your problem, you want to cry like a baby cuz it hurts so much, and just when you can't take it any more, he releases and you're fixed. Well, he did this for/to Austin and unlocked his right hip, which was causing the back pain.
Lino also worked on my hamstring and my bicep. I've never seen Austin so happy as when I was writhing in pain and swearing. But for the first time in a year, my hamstring is pain free, and my bicep feels fine. And it just feels so good to not hurt, you know?
But honestly, the best part is that MY KID IS NOT IN PAIN!!!
2. I have a new favorite lunch. I've been reading Tracy's posts about all her cooking and real food eating, and darn it -- I STILL love manufactured healthy food. But I keep trying to eat more real stuff, and yesterday I found the perfect lunch:
1 Flat-Out flatbread wrap (multi-grain with flax seed)
2 T hummus
several slices honey-sesame tofu
grated carrot -- lots
mixed salad greens
It's delicious! (Of course it was washed down with a yummy Diet Pepsi, but we're talkin' baby steps here people!)
3. I'm doing a long run this weekend (trying for 8 miles, I think) with a pain-free hamstring!!!
4. Tim and I have (drum roll, please) tickets to a play on Saturday night. Yeah, we're pretty cultured, which is why we go see a play like once a year. But we are heading out to see "The Book of Liz" at B Street Theater and it just sounds so fun!
5. I get to see Tucker play soccer tomorrow -- he's loving doing a new sport, and is doing really well.
6. Austin gets to do gymnastics tomorrow with a pain-free back!!!
Ok, I think my keyboard is out of exclamation points, so I'd better get going. My plan is to write more specifically about workouts and food starting next week. Maybe someday I'll even be like Tracy and post pictures of my food and videos of my workouts!