- My new placemats: These placemats are the bomb, because although they're plastic (very wipeable/rinseable) they don't look or feel like plastic. They come in tons of colors, are reasonably priced, and WORK!
- 5 Gum: All I can say is this: somebody finally figured out how to make gum where the flavor lasts.
- Jillian Michael's Book "Making the Cut": Interesting diet ideas. Innovative workout moves. Well done, oh evil trainer!
- Spa du Jour: I like to talk the talk of "you should take care of yourself" but rarely will I make the time for r&r. But I've been to Spa du Jour a few times and have been consistently impressed. Yesterday I was there for some waxing (I AM going to Maui, you know!) and a pedicure. Karen, who did the waxing, was professional, kind, and knows skin! Andrea, who does nails, is energetic and fun AND uses beautiful bowls for the pedicure, which keeps everything clean clean clean, as opposed to spa chairs, where bacteria can hide in the pipes (gross, huh?). Anyway, the environment there is lovely and welcoming at the same time and I highly recommend them.
- Foam rolling: If you don't have a foam roller, you've got to get one. And if you do have one, you've got to use it. I'm getting more consistent with SMR (self myofascial release) and it's helping with my body issues (mid back, hamstring, calves). Here's a link with the how-tos of foam rolling.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
In no particular order, here are some things I'm loving these days: