Saturday, September 01, 2007

Time with Tanya

On Thursday I had the pleasure of spending the morning with Tanya Pennington. I met Tanya 5 years ago when she was training at California Family Fitness (my gym) and we've stayed in touch over the years. Well now she's decided to train clients out of her home, like I'm doing, so we decided to get together to bounce ideas off each other and to help each other get better at what we do.

So we only had 2 hours together, but I could have spent all day with her. We compared notes on how we structure workouts, how we track progress (something I need to improve upon), helping people stay accountable, and on and on and on. Tanya's finishing up a degree in Kinesiology with a concentration in Exercise Science (I'm beyond jealous!) this year, and she is passionate about helping people get in shape (just like me!).

We will be getting together again, and I have no doubt that we will both become even better at what we do because of our friendship. Oh, and one last exciting thing -- when Tanya set up her training room, she used my eyehook/carabiner idea as a way to do resistance band training. Hooray for ideas that work!

No comments: