Monday, December 01, 2008

Quieting my head

Ok, so here's how my thoughts are going these days:

"So if I run a 9:10 pace for the first 10 miles that's 91 minutes and 40 seconds, and then if I go a little faster for the next 10, that's 90 minutes, so now I've got ..." and on and on and on.

I just checked the CIM website, and I see that they have a 4:05 pace group. So here's my thinking. I want to start with the 4:05 pace group and run with them for the first 13 miles. If things are still feeling good at that point, I may try to get a little bit ahead of them, and eventually catch up with the 4:00 group. Does anyone have any thoughts on this plan? I'd sure like to make a decision and get some good sleep and some quiet brain time during the day!!!

2 comments:

Irene said...

I guess it depends on how you're feeling that day, too. You'd probably be fine starting out with either group and adjust to how you feel once you're out there. You've been putting in some wonderful runs lately.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really good plan. It's probably best to be conservative for the first half. That said, with your training times, you really should be able to beat 4 hours. Best wishes!