Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Crazybusy

I've gone from "too much time on my hands" to "how the heck do I keep up with my life?" I'm loving what I'm doing, but between working with clients, preparing to work with clients, studying, my own workouts, planning the workout room, and laundry/dishes/cleaning -- well, I'm up to my eyeballs in busy. But I'm very very happy.

This weekend I found out that SST is affiliated with CrossFit of Santa Cruz. How cool is that, that the crazy intense workout place has a location 2 miles from my house?!?! My fitness goals sure have changed in the last couple of years. I went to SST to find out more right before I started working out with Darla a little over 2 years ago. Because they didn't scream "you'll lose weight if you come here!" I completely wrote them off. And maybe that was for the best, because if I hadn't found Darla, I would never have competed in WTF, one of the best experiences of my life! Now that I'm at a weight I'm reasonably satisfied with (I think I'll ALWAYS think I have a few pounds to lose [sigh]), it's more about how my body works than it is about how it looks.

Tucker and I went to SST on Sunday, and afterwards he said, "Mommy, I can go by myself. You don't have to do this for me." I told him that I'm doing it because I want to, and asked him if he's ok with me being there. He said he likes it. Sweet!

In case you want to know more about what they do, here's Monday's workout. After you've done 30 minutes of warm up, agility drills (that get your heart rate up like crazy), drills to improve your vertical jumps, and drills to improve your lateral jumps, then the real workout starts. It was pushups and pullups.

First set: 20 pushups, 2 pullups
Second set: 18 pushups, 4 pullups
Third: 16 pushups, 6 pullups
Fourth: 14 pushups, 8 pullups
Fifth: 12 pushups 10 pullups
Sixth: 10 pushups, 12 pullups
Seventh: 8 pushups, 14 pullups
Eighth: 6 pushups, 16 pullups
Ninth: 4 pushups, 18 pullups
Tenth: 2 pushups, 20 pullups

The pullups were spotted with a huge rubber band that you shove a foot into, then cross your legs for support. But hard? Uh, yeah! I left there a runny mass of goo (ok, maybe it wasn't quite that bad, but it was hard!). Where am I sore? Uh, that would be everywhere above the waist! And guess what? I'm going back for more today!

No comments: