- No eating after 9:00 pm. My usual m.o. is to eat cereal with rice milk within about 30 minutes of bedtime. As per Bob Greene's new best life book, it will not kill me to go to bed a little hungry. In fact, he's a proponent of a 7:30 cutoff time, but that's just a little too drastic for me to get my mind around.
- 5 days a week of Cardio Coach. I did CC number 5 on the ARC trainer last night (HARD!), and did number 1 just running on the street today. Both were excellent workouts. There's a part in #5 where he's talking about a lion and a gazelle, both of whom are fighting for survival, and at the end of a challenge, he inquires, "Chase or be chased?" My immediate answer was "I run my own race!" It felt empowering.
- 3 days a week of strength training. This will include pushups, pullups, kettlebell swings, thrusters, step ups, and anything else that will help to build muscle.
- Weekly progress checks. I will weigh myself once a week, and based on results, may adjust program as needed.
- 5 vegetables a day. I'm getting a lot better about eating fresh stuff, but upping the non-starchy carbs has NEVER moved one in the wrong direction in terms of weight, at least not that I'm aware of.
- (This is the most exciting one!) I'm getting a Bodybugg! There's a trainer at a super nice club in Roseville who is the Bodybugg guy. I've already talked to him once about using the Bodybugg for my clients so they can get an accurate picture of how many calories they're burning. So I'm calling him tomorrow, and hoping to have one by the end of the week. He claims I won't want to give mine up, and that he wears his all the time. We'll just have to see about that, but I am confident that it will help to know what I'm burning. (Stacy, you'll get your turn right after Mexico!)
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Countdown to Mexico
In 33 days, Tim and I will be flying to Mexico, just the two of us! I want to feel confident in a bikini, and feel like it's ok to indulge a bit. So it's time to create an actual plan, as opposed to the "I try to workout nearly every day and do whatever crosses my mind" non-plan that I've been following. Here are the elements I've come up with so far: