Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Brain dump

Bananas

I just ate one, and I don't like them. They are good for you. They provide potassium and good carbs. But I think they're icky and I have to work to finish one. Trying to envision all the good of the banana helped me to gag it down.

Studying

As I mentioned, I'm studying for my personal trainer certification. In college I majored in Business with a Mgt Info Science concentration (which meant more math and some computer programming classes). I did this because it was the early 80s and what was important was finding a good job. However, if I'd majored in what was fascinating to me, it would have been biology. Because I couldn't figure out what to do with a biology major (I was already convinced I wasn't smart enough to be a doctor, and I didn't want to be a nurse) I didn't seriously consider persuing this. So even though the studying is a little overwhelming (it's been decades since I had to study, my short-term memory is not very good to begin with, plus taking an anti-depressant makes it even less good!) I'm really loving it, cuz guess what I'm studying? All sorts of stuff that I would have learned had I been a biology major!

Running

Here's my promise: I'm taking the day off from running today. I did 6 on Monday and 7 yesterday and my legs are feeling like they need a break. My problem now is that I don't want to take time off -- my brain says that more is better. Plus I like big mileage totals at week's end. But I think activity today will be a light weight workout and ARC trainer at the gym.

No comments: