Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Peaches anyone?



Sunday night we picked peaches. And picked peaches. And picked peaches. We have one mutant peach tree that produces the best peaches I've ever tasted. And what you see here is only what we could fit into the bags we had. Here's what we've done with them:
  • We gave some away to neighbors. (Typical interaction: US: Would you like some peaches? NEIGHBOR: Sure! US: Would you like 20 or 30 peaches? NEIGHBOR: I was thinking more like 5 or 6...)
  • Austin made peach cobbler.
  • I made peach crisp.
  • We've cut up and eaten a huge bowl of fresh peaches daily.
If you live close by and would like some peaches, please in the name of all that is good and right, COME OVER AND TAKE SOME!

7 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Oh My!!! That's a lot of peaches!!!

Anonymous said...

You should get a Tree Surgeon in to prune that sucker back.

When a Tree produces that much Fruit, it's got to be worrying.

Then again, you might be able to sell them to outdoor markets or local shops perhaps.

You maybe could find a way to make that tree pay it's dues, for nearly "growing you out of house and home" ha ha.

Take care Leslie.

:-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love peaches, wish I lived closer!

ColeC said...

I like that idea, Matt. We have lots of markets around where you could sell those yummy fruits.

I just might have to take a ride over to your house today ;)
I'll call first though.

Enjoy!

Pamela said...

WOW can you send some here?? :)

Laurie said...

I say get some magic crystals and go totally James and the Giant Peach!

Stef said...

Yum!!!!

=)