Friday, July 04, 2008

Updates

In answer to several questions, NO I didn't jump at Kipu Falls. :( Two years ago, I did, but because I couldn't get myself to jump OUT very far, I touched rocks at the bottom when I went in. So this time with the degree of leg shaking that was going on, I was afraid that I would not be able to muster up the "mind over matter" required to jump far enough to be safe. We're heading back next summer, and my plan is to do the rope swing. I'm bummed that I didn't jump, but I think it was the right decision.

I started the 100 Push Up Challenge today. I'm doing the 3rd column, so today I did 5 sets like this: 10, 10, 8, 6, and 13. While I rested, I did assisted pullups (using my 2-1/2" giant rubber band) totaling 1/2 of the previous set. When combined with this morning's 9 mile run, this feels like a great overall workout, and I am ready for some holiday indulgences tonight!

Life's been moving VERY fast, so tomorrow night's activity kind of sneaked up on me, but guess who's going to be seeing Stevie Wonder at Shoreline Ampitheater tomorrow night???? I can't WAIT!!!

Finally, we're on day 6 of Tim's birthday gift, and both of us are having a great time! ;)

Happy 4th, friends!

4 comments:

ATOM ANT said...

Hi Leslie:

So kind of you to leave that comment.
You're 40'ish, I'm 67 and married 46 years to my high school sweetheart.

You're a Vegan and I'm a meat and potatoes, candy,cake and ice cream man. Which is why my wife calls me a "Caveman".

I believe in nature's law: To rest is to rust. Dominick

Jennifer said...

Undoubtedly next year's trip will see you jumping without a moment's hesitation. Try doing it every night in your head until then. It really works. When I went skydiving, I visualized myself not hesitating going out the door for weeks before I went. Got there...and NO hesitation. It was awesome! Enjoy Stevie Wonder..and I'm sure the subsequent extended birthday present to thehubby! ;)

Jen said...

Love your vacation video! Have fun at Stevie Wonder!

Irene said...

Enjoy the Stevie Wonder concert!!!!!