Thank you, Matt, for tagging me. I feel all special and good! Here are the rules for "7 things:"
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1. When I was growing up I hated my name. The most beautiful name, in my opinion, was Tina. My dad was an elementary education college professor, so I got lots of textbooks that were mine to do with as I wished. I wrote Tina in ballpoint pen on the cover of every single one.
2. I like odd numbers. So any temperature or digital audio control that I'm in charge of will always be set at an odd number. No, I won't freak out if it's set even, but I don't like it much. What's good about my age is that I have an early January birthday, and even when my age is even (like this year -- 46), the year is odd. And that's a good thing.
3. For as long as I can remember, I've felt like I wasn't as good as everyone else. I graduated high school and earned the highest scholarship my school gives, and was 12th academically in a class of 400. But I didn't feel smart. I did group counseling in my 20s, and when someone told me I was a perfectionist, I said in all sincerity, "Oh, I'm not good enough to be that!" and then nearly cried as the whole group burst out laughing. I didn't get the joke till years later. The BEST I've ever felt about myself is right now.
4. Because I was a bookish sort of girl whose parents had to force her outside to play (my idea of heaven was sitting on my canopy bed surrounded by lots of books and reading for hours) I wasn't athletic growing up. So I still get a secret thrill every time I do a handstand or run a race or do anything physical, because it's still a new thing to see myself as athletic.
5. I love swimming underwater in the ocean, past where the waves are breaking. It's peaceful, frightening, and thrilling all at the same time.
6. I used to think I notice lots of things, until going on the hike with Stacy whose brain never stops! But seriously, I notice design, fashion, and fitness, and most of my thoughts are of the "I wonder why they did that?" or "I know how to make that better!" variety.
7. I think athleticism and sensuality are intimately connected, and I love scenes in movies that depict athletic sensuality or sensual athleticism. (No, I'm not talking about porn here!) Someday I'd love to put together a video of scenes from movies that illustrate this, like the skate-off from Roll Bounce and some of the dance sequences from Stayin' Alive, which are the two examples I can think of right now.
I don't know who to tag. And I'm out of time. So I'm tagging anyone who would like to play but hasn't been tagged yet. Consider yourself tagged!