Monday, May 21, 2007

Kettlebell homework

I'm getting ready for this weekend when I learn about Kettlebells from Tracy. She gave me some homework, which was to do 20 swings a minute for 10 minutes. So you'd do 20 swings, then rest till the start of the next minute, do 20 more, for a total of 200 swings. On Thursday night I did my first workout, but because I'm me, I changed it a little bit. So for 10 minutes I did 20 swings each minute, and then for 10 more minutes, I did 30 swings a minute, for a total of 500 swings. The next day? A little glute sore, I must admit, but not bad at all.

So today's workout is going to be a repeat of that workout, but maybe I'll do 30 minutes this time, just to keep it interesting!

4 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Love the pictures! Icky on the slug though ... you kissed it??? And they licked theirs???

Colette said...

You are such a hard working woman!! Just reading all the stuff you've done has made me tired ;) The hike sounds like a blast...maybe I'll go next time, but no kissing of slugs for me thank you very much ;) As far as the blues go, you should have called! With the kettlebells, didn't your arms hurt at least?? Just wondering. Anyway, way to go on ALL of it!!

Brit-Man said...

You not managing to keep a workout interesting? That would be a first ;-). Unless you did something like Bodyweighted Squats for 1 hour non-stop, I doubt anything you did, could get anywhere close to boring.

Take care

:-) :-).

Matt

Pamela said...

just back & checking in .. Looks like things are as interesting as ever in your world ! Slugs tho? bleea! ~lol~ the Kettlebell workout sounds like an adventure indeed!