Monday, October 29, 2007

A Good Amount of Busy

  • Right now I'm planning workouts for the four clients I train tomorrow -- happy day! I think four is the perfect number of clients to see in a day.
  • I got a shoe pouch for my Nike+ and the mileage reading is much closer to that of my Garmin. Calorie burn is still quite different, but Nike+ doesn't know about Rocklin's hills. Today I did laps of the golf course hill (a few of you have experienced this oh-s0-steep hill). Managed 7 laps in 55 minutes, and covered a little over 5 miles. Nike thinks I burned 600 calories, whereas Garmin thinks it's closer to 900. Either way, I'll take it -- it was a HARD workout!
  • I'm having a hard time getting back on track with clean eating. Monthly hormone changes made last week a tough one for emphasizing fruits and veggies. And Halloween is just 2 days away!!! I bought candy today and it's still unopened, but for how long???
  • CrossFit in Santa Cruz is having a Kettlebell workshop in December and I think I'm going to attend! Tracy, my kettlebell hero, told me about the RKC workshop in San Jose in the springtime, and I have no doubt that it's a wonderful experience, but it's very expensive (and while I'm not opposed to spending money on education, I don't know that the cost would be worth the benefit in my case), and (the bigger concern) you have to pass a snatch test in order to be certified, and my shoulder stability doesn't allow me to do more than a few kettlebell snatches without feeling the joint slip inside.
  • This weekend my technically savvy husband moved me onto an iMac with Leopard. This computer will replace the PC that died, and will allow me to run Exercise Explorer (a PC-only program that can run layered on top of Leopard -- one of its cool new features). As I'm sure you know, any computer change is not without bumps in the road, but I think I'm closing in on smooth sailing -- hooray for Tim!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay Leslie. I hope you're having a great day. Take care and very best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

ColeC said...

DON'T OPEN THE CANDY!!! STAY AWAY FROM THAT BAG!! Now, tomorrow is a whole new thing...open, open, open ;)

I wouln't worry about the kettelbell cert. thing. As long as you know what you're doing and you can incorprate into your clients workouts, that's what matters.

Yay for Tim!! It is a wonderful thing to have a computer literate in the house ;) My hubby has his master's in computer science/business so he knows what he's doing too. I can just sit back and say, "honey, somethings wrong with my laptop" and just like that, it's fixed ;)

KatieFeldmom said...

Busy is good!!!
Have a great week!!!

Jen Weck said...

Hi Leslie,
Thanks for your comment! My blog is actually linked to our new web site which should be going "live" soon so I'll be blogging more regularily when that actually happens. You will be able to find "Jen's Corner" with my blog and other health/fitness info at www.bosufitness.com. Hopefully we'll be "live" soon!
Congrats on your 1/2 marathon! I'm a long distance runner myself so I can appreciate the accomplishment!
JEN