Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Random Goodness (or Goodness, I'm Random!)

  • I have a million 2 ounce portion cups from Costco. Turns out they hold exactly one ounce of raw almonds. I think that's neat.
  • One of the benefits of not following anyone else's eating program is that I get to decide what works for me. And in my perfect eating plan, Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Pepsi Max are both completely acceptable choices (in moderation, of course).
  • My Garmin thinks I burn crazy amounts of calories on my runs. Today I ran almost 5 miles total with some tough hill repeats. G thinks I burned like 850 calories. I don't think it was quite that much, but I did feel like barfing on the last repeat. In a Biggest Loser-ish way, I kept going to the top, but I walked after that because I do NOT want to associate hills with barfing when I'm 11 days away from a half marathon in San Francisco!
  • As I type, I'm snacking on a Diet Pepsi Max and some raw almonds -- YUM!
  • If you read Katie's weblog, you may have seen her "rest of the story" post about the Bull-mastiff she was trying to save, and my friend who gave the dog a home. Well that friend, Tanya, is coming over tomorrow. She's an amazing young woman, finishing her degree in Kinesiology in December, training clients out of her home, and saving dogs in her spare time. So Tanya and I have been meeting once a month to bounce ideas off one another, so we can both be the best trainers we can be. I can't wait to see her tomorrow and find out how her new dog is doing!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Leslie,

Funny....I went into the break room at work yesterday, and there was a diet soda sitting on the counter. For the first time, in forever, it looked appealing to me!

But it started me thinking about how everyone has to "figure out" what works for them, and if you are living your life the way you want to, and your body feels the way you want it to, then eat or drink what the Hell you need to!

I feel as if my diet is 95% heathly....as healthy as I need, and I like it that way...the other 5% ate Halloween size Snickers yesterday...talk about junk food....and so what, who cares. I know what works for me, I am not the diet nazi!

Maybe I'll try one of those Pepsi Max's!