Monday, May 26, 2008

More appreciation!


This time moving from back (longer ago) to front, more thoughts about your thoughts...

Regarding "Weekend Update"

Thank you to everyone who wrote words of encouragement about my boys fighting. It's been almost 2 months since I wrote that post, and things seem to have worked themselves out, like you all said they would. But reading your words when it was really tough, well they really helped!

Also thank you for the vacation suggestions. I'm keeping all of them in mind the next time we plan some family fun a little closer to home!

Regarding "A most unusual day"

Irene -- thanks for the encouragement. I think of you when I run these days, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Evelyne and Katie -- hi!

Eileen -- I like P90X, but Tim uses it more than I do. The variety in the workouts is great and Tony is funny -- kinda goofy funny. I gravitate more towards Art of Strength's "Providence" DVD, which is something you might want to check out.

Matt -- as usual, your words made me smile.

Colette -- thanks so much. I know you would have stayed with Rob, just like I stayed with Tim!

Regarding "Gassed or whatever you call it"

Eileen and Jen -- you're both right, plain and simple. Thank you for your sane perspective.

Regarding "Board breaking"

Stacy -- I miss you too!

Matt -- Thank you for taking the time and thought to write what you wrote. Your thoughts have helped me to find a better balance. And I think I'm coming from a better place these days where it's more like "Just because I CAN doesn't mean I MUST". And I love when you say I've got a wise head on my young shoulders -- thank you!!!

Regarding "The best thing about the retreat"

Matt -- THANK YOU!

Stacy -- It does feel amazing to be free of that "people don't like me" thing. These days when I have the thought, immediately I think "That's not true!" I hope for the same freedom for you, my friend!

Irene -- I've really enjoyed our (too short) times together too!

Evelyne -- your words made me smile -- thank you!

Laurie -- Join me in new-perspective-land -- you'll like it here!

Regarding "When life feels hard"

My friend emailed me and said the suggestions were wonderful.

Eileen -- What we focus on increases, right? Love the idea of making a list of 20 things you're grateful for. And this:
Be in this moment. Stop thinking about past failures (they've already happened) or imagined failures (they have not happened and probably will not even happen). What's happening right this moment? Your choices are to:

1. Accept it: This does not mean you can't change it, but you can say, "OK, this is what's going on."

2. Enjoy it: Have fun with it if you can. And if you cannot, go to #3.

3. Change it: Do what you have to to make it better.
...was amazing!

Jen -- I'm glad to hear you did the online coaching course and benefited from it, and thanks for validating the list idea!

Laurie -- Thanks for the book recommendation, and I hope things have worked themselves out for you.

Irene -- You are right!

Regarding "He makes me so happy"

Anthony C, Katie, Kelly O, Evelyne, and Regina -- thanks, friends!

Regarding "A difficult choice"

Eileen -- we really ARE the same person, just a few thousand miles away! Yep, Tucker and Kelly are both 12, right, and if they met, I think they'd be the best of friends!

Regarding "Run? Done!"

Katie -- I love that someone else has a strategy for when running gets tough. And I love that you're running!

Regarding "New month of boxing camp"

Anthony C -- guys are so different!

Regarding "Recent workouts"

Matt -- Thank you for the education -- you know a lot!

Stacy -- Thanks! Are you still liking P90X?

Regarding "Big fingers"

I just got my ring resized (from 4-3/4 to 5-1/2) and I'm very very happy!

Katie -- boxing may have made my fingers swollen, but they've stayed big?!

Eileen -- As usual, we are the same person!

Irene -- I've ditched the creatine, but fingers are still big. Oh well, better big fingers than big almost anything else, right?

Regarding "Real craziness"

Colette -- I think you're right -- it IS kettlebells, as my hands are much stronger, and I need to ask Tim for assistance with jars less and less.

Regarding " "

Tracy -- I too love me some chocolate chip cookie dough! Good thing we're active enough to burn it off, right?

Regarding "The last post of the day"

Matt, Jen, and Evelyne -- hi and thanks!

Katie -- what a nice thing to say about the mom at TKD. And I hope Medieval Times is a wonderful experience for you and your family. You leave soon, right? Have a blast!

Regarding "Then vs Now"

Jennifer -- thanks for your kind and encouraging words!

Irene -- we'll have to plan a race once you're back to full health, ok?

Anthony C -- thanks and you're right!

Jen -- I LOVE my kitchen and I'm so glad you like it too! I tried to email you, but it bounced back. Let me know your email and I can send specifics, plus what I like and what I'd do differently, ok?

Regina -- I hope life is getting better and better for you! More kitchen pictures can be found here.

Matt and Colette -- THANK YOU!

Tracy -- LOL!

Regarding "Wish me luck"

Take One -- Thanks for the encouraging thoughts!

Shelly -- What a positive thing to read -- thank you!!!

Stacy -- Thanks so much!

Matt -- THANK YOU!!!

Regina -- Thanks for your sweet words!

Regarding "Race Report"

Regina, Take One, Matt, Irene -- THANK YOU!

Jennifer -- No, I didn't get her email, but I wish I had!

Time to do some housework. More soon...

No comments: