Sunday, March 09, 2008

1000 swings

Workout completed. Very hard, but doable thanks to Regina's and Tracy's hand protection suggestions (gymnastics tape and cut-off socks). Here are the results:

12K = 250 swings
16K = 500 swings
20K = 250 swings

I mostly did sets of 100 swings at the beginning, and 50 swings towards the end, with a minute of rest between sets. I didn't know how many I'd do with each kettlebell, and in fact I started the workout thinking I'd only use the 12K and 16K, but about halfway through I decided to use my heaviest kettlebell. What I wanted was a starting point for a 1000 swing workout, and now I've got it, and I'm very happy about that!

Tim came in with the camera when I was maybe 600 or 700 swings into the workout. But I have to see the video before I can commit to posting it.

Time to get ready to head to the gymnastics meet!

4 comments:

ColeC said...

Holy Smokes, Leslie! You always amaze me with what you do. You know how to keep your body hot and have fun doing it by mixing things up.

Have you checked out that "Fitness Megastore" off highway 80? They have tons of kettlebells and very nice workout equipment, and nice sales people too ;)

Anonymous said...

I can see what you mean about the Vegetarianism Leslie.

The main issues Vegatarianism probably throw up is that except for Soy and Dairy, most Vegetarian Protein sources like Wholegrains, Legumes etc etc, don't have all the Aminos.

Plus Amino Acids boost Iron content as well, although usually a Vegetarian can get their requirement of Iron, but it isn't from Heme, which might make it a bit harder.

Though of course your choice is your choice, and I don't see anything wrong with that :-).

Cavematt hmm, novel though :-p :-p.

Take care

Matt

Shelly said...

Leslie, found these websites, and thought of you. These guys use kettlebells alot, but also some other very interesting "equipment." I might have to get myself some ropes, slosh pipes and hammers.
http://coachtara.blogspot.com/
http://primalplay.blogspot.com/

ColeC said...

I just had to say one thing regarding what Matt had said ;)
Yes, other sources are not complete proteins, but if you eat a variety of foods (beans w/ corn) they will end up making a complete protein ;)