Tuesday, March 25, 2008

San Francisco

We're heading to San Francisco for the day. Kids are on Spring Break, and our plan is to take BART into the city, and hit the Museum of Modern Art (Austin's request), Ripley's Believe it or Not (Tucker's request), Cafe Gratitude (my request) and the Apple Store (Tim's request) plus anything else that strikes our fancy.

The picture is from last year's San Francisco Marathon (SFM). SFM was Tim's first marathon. In fact, he started training when I was pregnant with Austin, so as my waist was expanding weekly, he was buying new (smaller) belts to keep his pants from falling down. I had very little sympathy for his plight.

This year, for the first time SFM is offering a half marathon. Actually they're offering two of them -- 1st half and 2nd half. I think I'm going to sign up for the first half. It starts REALLY early in the morning, but you get to run across the Golden Gate Bridge, which sounds fabulous (and Tim assures me it IS fabulous!).

Time to get a quick workout in before we head out. Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will be great whatever option you choose to do. You've got what it takes :-) :-).

Best wishes.

Matt

Irene said...

Sounds like a lovely time in SF!

Have a wonderful time with your family and I look forward to the details of your day trip! (I love the museum of modern art there!)

ColeC said...

Have a fun and exciting time!!
The Apple Store is pretty neat, but if you get this in time, the Sony store is fun for everyone.

I love taking BART, but not as cheap as it should be for public transportation ;)

Enjoy!!

Sunshine said...

Hoping your day was all that you expected!!

KatieFeldmom said...

I love that city!!! Hope you guys had a good time!!!